LG-MRI, LLC is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services (“Solution” or “Solutions”). This Privacy Statement applies to LG-MRI websites that link to this Statement and describes how we handle personal information. Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in the supplements on the right or in notices provided at the time of data collection. Certain LG-MRI websites may have their own privacy statement that describes how we handle personal information for those websites specifically. To the extent a notice provided at the time of collection or a website-specific privacy statement conflict with this Privacy Statement, such notice or privacy statement will control.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect information, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and interact with us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, social media account information, or payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription
- Sending marketing communications
- Creating an account
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions
- Personalizing your experience
- Providing customer service
- Collecting information during the testing admissions process when a computer-based certification test is administered to you
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide LG-MRI with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference material to a friend or job referrals.
In some instances, LG-MRI may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content for you. Please read the “Cookies and Other Web Technologies” section below for more information.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested
- Supporting and improving our Solutions and your online experience
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from LG-MRI or from our partners
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. To update your personal information and communication preferences, please contact us. In addition, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online.
Some LG-MRI entities may be considered data controllers from time to time. When an LG-MRI entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections or de-activations under applicable data protection laws directly with that LG-MRI entity.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions. We may share your personal information with LG-MRI business partners or vendors, so they may share information about products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of this sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please notify us via email.
By using our websites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the websites. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites or by sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach, please notify us.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within LG-MRI or with any of our partners for purposes of data processing or storage
- With LG-MRI business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of LG-MRI, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. LG-MRI implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, LG-MRI uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. It allows web servers to locate and identify your computer, this is a unique address assigned to your PC by your Internet